Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Final Communications Prep.

This should be the last entry on communications as I think I am prepared in that category. I added an old CB 40 Channel Radio to my preps.

I got it free, paid 14 dollars for an antenna and hooked it up. It is mainly for monitoring and intelligence gathering. I was able to monitor a guy in downtown today, about 20 miles away. 

I have 2 Meter, and 70 cm radios, HF Ham radio, shortwave and FRS Radios.

I can work digital modes, receive weather reports and send email via HF radios.

I have back up radios for 2 meters and 70 cm, and a back up HF Ham Radio. I only have one dedicated shortwave radio but I could also use my Ham radios to pick up shortwave stations. 

I have 3 different HF antenna, back up coax and connectors. Fuses, wire, cable, grounding straps, end connectors and other odds and ends.

I am going to start working on water and food storage. I still have other projects to work on, fix the old generator being one that I have not finished yet. 

Be Ready, Be Prepared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment